Palm Leaf Fold and Cut Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun Palm Sunday craft that works a lot like cutting out paper snowflakes. The fronds end up being large enough that the children can carry them around waving them for a Palm Sunday parade.
- paper clips
- green construction paper
- scotch tape
- OPTIONAL: Green pipe cleaner
- Print out the template of choice. (the templates have the directions on them)
- Cut this template along the dotted line.
- Fold a piece of green construction paper in half and paper clip the template so the dotted line is along the fold.
- Cut through the template and both layers of construction paper along the black lines.
- Discard the template (unless you want to make more leaves).
- Unfold the construction paper to see your finished palm leaf.
- Tape a green pipe cleaner as a stem
- Roll a second piece of green construction paper into as tight a tube as possible and tape it so it will stay. Tape that to the center as a stem.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Here is the link to print the template. Or you could just free hand the palm. Have fun!